Friday, January 25, 2008

Google Docs: Week 2

What the Google has been going on this week in Project Play?

Google Documents is a fantastic open-source app for sharing/publishing your documents and collaborating with others online. I am a big fan of many of the releases from the Google Lab, especially Google Page Creator, which allows you to create your own website (with 1GB of storage) for free. As usual, Google hosts the site and even features an online desktop publishing feature -- making creating your own site as easy as creating your own blog.

Check out my (outdated) Google Pages site: http://catherine.scullion.googlepages.com

I would love to have the time to create beautiful code of my own and host my own site, but in the meantime...Google definitely does the job. Its great for sharing and organizing simple html + images, and also includes widgets. Best of all, its free and also ad-free.

I'm off to play more, learn more, and fear less!
-Katie

No comments: