Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week 3: Productivity Tools


For this week's Project Play, we were asked to examine Remember the Milk and Jott. These applications may be useful for coordinating on a group project, but I cannot really see myself using either of them. I really love productivity tools, yet anything involving a computer tends to draw me away from the tasks I should be accomplishing to unorganized web-surfing. So anything this interactive would be too much of a distraction for me. I prefer to either rely on my own memory or keep a handwritten to-do-list, which can easily fit into my pocket/wallet or strategically positioned near my desk.
I do really appreciate one online productivity tool: Monkey on Your Back. With this application, you can email whatever tasks you would like someone else to accomplish directly to their inbox. Its more of an annoyance than a convenience, but it may generate a few laughs. I'm sure that you could also email yourself your own tasks for added fun.

No comments: